A template is a set of questions and details that will be used repeatedly to survey your customers or prospects.
Create a template
- In the sidebar navigation, click on Account and then Templates.
- Click Create New Template, the blue button at the top of the page.
- Enter Template Name: Give your template a name that you will easily recognize. For example…
- Drywall phase survey
- Closing survey
- Design survey
Choose your template settings
- Select the Survey Type
- Finished project – You can schedule these surveys any time after the project end date. This is most often used for project completion surveys and warranty surveys.
- Active project – You can schedule these surveys any time after the project start date. We usually consider a project to start after a contract has been signed.
- Prospect – Anyone who is considering your business but isn’t a paying customer is a prospect. Prospect surveys will have separate reports and won’t show up on your public profile page.
- Select your Survey Process. You can read more details about the survey process here.
- Full Process – Uses both phone and email to deliver surveys. This process gets the highest response rate.
- Email Only – Limited to email as a delivery method. If your plan uses a survey budget, these do not count against it. However, you will see a lower response rate than with full process.
- Create your default schedule. For example, we recommend sending project completion surveys 4 weeks after the project end date. No matter what you set up here, you will still have the ability to schedule new surveys individually if you prefer. This is just your default option in case you want to save time.
- Under Default Behavior, choose whether to add this survey template to every new contact who is created. This is helpful if you know most of your customers will need this survey. If there are any exceptions, you can easily remove the survey as you’re setting up the new contact.
- Don’t forget to save! The Save button is at the top, right corner in blue.
Choose your survey questions
- Review – Answers to this question serve as a public review and will be displayed on your public profile.
- Smart Questions – We automatically add these questions based on the type of work you do. You can choose to mute specific questions that you know you’ll never need, or turn all of these questions off if you want to make a fully custom survey. These questions will also allow you to benchmark yourself against all other GuildQuality users.
- If you are qualifying for Best Pick Reports or are part of a contractor network, check with your account manager before turning any of these questions off. Some networks require certain questions to be asked.
- Custom Questions – You can create any new questions. Once a custom question has been created, you can select that question to appear on any of your other survey templates, too.
- Want to insert a custom field value, or a person on your team, into your questions? See the instructions on Wildcards below.
- Questions will automatically save, but double check the Save button in the top right corner in case any other changes to settings have been made.
Want to insert a custom field value, or a person on your team, into your questions? For example:
“Did you find [SALESPERSON] knowledgeable throughout the process?”
Simply add the name of that custom field or role in all caps, enclosed in brackets like above, and it will be automatically inserted every time the survey sends. If a field or role has multiple values, they will be included in a conversationally-appropriate way, like:
“Did you find Cy Young, Babe Ruth, and Hank Aaron knowledgeable throughout the process?”